Fall, Winter, and Valentine's Day parties are planned each year. Dates for the classroom parties are on the Rockrimmon calendar, accessible from the front page of the school website.
As a Healthy School, we recommend recognizing student birthdays with healthy, non-food rewards, such as, donating a book to the classroom or school library (recognized with a special birthday name plate honoring your child), brief dance party, fun physical activity break, or a tangible item, such as, special pens/pencils, fidget items, etc. Please note these considerations when planning a birthday celebration for your child:
- ASD20 has strict policies to keep students with allergies safe at school. We need all families to help ensure student safety by following our food expectations:
- No food prepared at home may be shared with classmates.
- Commercially prepared foods must have a full ingredients list.
- Students will be unable to share any food prepared at home for classroom parties and birthdays.
- Party invitations must not be passed out before, during, or after school.
- Birthday balloons or flowers will not be delivered to classrooms during learning time. Students may pick them up at office at the end of the day.
- Students will not be released from learning time to deliver treats to students or staff outside their classroom.
- Remember, we prefer healthy snacks (fruit, veggies, cheese) or non-food items to celebrate birthdays.