As a staff, we believe in…
- Holding students to a high standard of behavior and conduct.
- A positive learning environment that promotes positive behavior.
- Embedding the IB Learner Profile and IB Attitudes into our school wide
- Rewarding positive behavior rather than focusing on negative behaviors.
- Involving students in developing classroom and school rules and
expecting students to succeed in following those rules.
- Emphasizing self-discipline. Children have responsibility for and are
capable of controlling their behavior.
- Emphasizing problem-solving instead of punishment. Students are
capable of solving many of their problems.
- Fostering a process of reflection and learning that encourages students to
learn from their mistakes.
- Fostering students’ social and emotional learning through the RULER
- Teaching students that with rights come responsibilities. When
responsibilities aren't met, consequences occur